Mr Jason Webb is a leading hip replacement surgeon who is renowned internationally as an expert in the prevention of joint replacement infection. His clinical experience is extremely advanced and with his focused approach he qualifies as one of the leading hip surgeons in the region. Jason Webb lives and works in Bristol.
Prevention and treatment of infection
Mr Jason Webb, has performed extensive research in the field of joint replacement infection and has an international reputation as being an expert in this field.
- As one of his three higher surgical fellowships, he attended the world famous, Endoklinik in Hamburg, where he learnt the techniques of infection prevention and treatment that he uses in his daily practice.
- He is involved with ongoing research including the world's first trial into two different surgical approaches to the treatment of infection.
- He is regularly invited to teach internationally on the subject and has been awarded a higher degree by the University of Bristol for his thesis on the treatment of infection
A respected authority in his field
As a leader in hip replacement surgery, Mr Webb is regularly invited to contribute to major orthopaedic journals and books as well as presenting at national and international meetings. In 2015 he was the only British surgeon invited to be part of the prestigious Rothman-Ranawat fellowship which brings together the top echelon of hip surgeons from across the world.
- He teaches both in the UK and abroad on the treatment and prevention of infection in orthopaedic surgery.
- He has an honorary status within the University of Bristol in recognition of his teaching and research commitment.
- As the Rothman-Ranawat 2015 Fellow he also has experience of the top hip surgery centres in the USA and Canada including:
- The Hospital for Special Surgery (New York)
- The Rothman Institute (Philadelphia)
- Stanford University and UCLA (California)
- Joint Implant Surgeons Inc (Columbus, Ohio)
- The Anderson Clinic (Washington)
- OrthoCarolina (Charlotte, NC)
- Rush University (Chicago)
- Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston)
- London Ontario (Canada)
Jason Webb was born and brought up in Bristol; he attended Clifton College before going on to study medicine at Bristol University. He was a junior doctor in Bristol before moving to London to undertake his surgical training. He returned to Bristol for his senior training and his first consultant role. He still lives in Bristol and is married with two teenage children. His interests include classical civilisation, hiking, swimming and cycling.