Mr Webb has honorary lecturer status with Bristol University in recognition of his ongoing contribution to research and teaching.
A selection of Mr Webb’s research papers
The 2018 International Consensus Meeting on Musculoskeletal Infection: Summary from the biofilm workgroup and consensus on biofilm related musculoskeletal infections, ICM 2018 Biofilm workgroup
Journal of Orthopaedic Research Vol 37; Issue 5:1007-1017
Barbed sutures versus staples for closure in total hip arthroplasty using wound ooze as a primary outcome measure: A prospective study
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong 2019); May-Aug; 27(2)
One and two-stage surgical revision of peri-prosthetic joint infection of the hip: a pooled individual participant data analysis of 44 cohort studies
Eur J Epidemiol (2018) Oct; 33(10); 933-946
One stage exchange for prosthetic joint infection of the hip
Hip International (2015); 25(4); 301-7
The role of microbial biofilms in prosthetic joint infections
Acta Orthopaedica Scand (2014) Sept 19; 1-12
Characterisation of in vivo release of gentamicin from poly methyl methacrylate cement using a novel method
International Orthopaedics (SICOT) (19-5-2013); 1-7
Acute care: Quality and cost in hip surgery. A step-by-step guide to making total hip replacement deliver value
Health Service Journal (2012); 122 (6298); 28-9
Medical teaching is Jason Webb’s main passion outside of his surgical practice.
He is a member of Palacademy, an international arthroplasty educational foundation and chairs an annual revision hip meeting in the UK and has lecturing duties on both national and international courses.
In the last three years he has been an invited speaker or chairman of over 35 courses and conferences giving more than 70 lectures and presentations.
He also teaches on practical surgical skills courses for surgeons in training.
He is the Teaching Programme Director for Senior Orthopaedic Trainees in the Severn Deanery region.
Mr Webb’s Fellowship Hospitals:
- Avon Orthopaedic Centre, Southmead Hospital, Bristol
- EndoKlinik, Hamburg
- Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, USA
- Rothman Institute, Philadelphia, USA
- Anderson Orthopaedic Clinic, Alexandria, USA
- Stanford University, California, USA
- University of Southern California, USA
- Joint Implant Surgeons, New Albany, Ohio, USA
- Rush University Medical Centre, Chicago, USA
- OrthoCarolina, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
- Massachussetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
- London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ontario, Canada
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Hip Society
- European Hip Society
- European Bone and Joint Infection Society
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- European Orthopaedic Research Society
- American Hip and Knee Surgeons